Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I knew last summer that the fuel pump was getting a bit finicky,after a few days of sitting the gas was almost non existent in the filter and coupled with longer roll over time before it would fire it got worse this past weekend. It finally bit it. Now I'm looking at replacing it and not having much luck. It appears this could be an ACDelco pump # 41216 OEM.
Not sure if it was the original or change out at some point years back. The poking around on the net and at my parts stores come up empty. Can anyone shed some light as to possible other year options I can search out. Greatly appreciated and thanks.
Wheel Tire Idiophone Musical instrument Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts
well, to get you on the right track, year, model, engine, carb info would be a good start... at least if for nothing else but to locate the correct FP for your ride. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
that's a pump off a later model. last I saw one it was on a 1998 400 cu in chev van. The small line one was an overflow or release from too much pressure. I bet there was a plug connected to it. What year chev V8 are we takling about? Generally any year early chev v8 works.

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Nova 350/350
89 Posts
Looks like a very common, factory type, early 70’s to mid 80’s sbc fuel pump.
The small nipple fitting should be for a return line back to the tank to help prevent vapor lock. Do you have a line going back in to your tank?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I thought it should be an item that I could get readily get, Napa parts where I live, couldn't come up with this #41216 but gave me a listing number and picture of one from 1977- 1985,looked the same,but was not in their stock in Canada.

·
Registered
15 Posts
So say your in the middle of nowhere and you need a pump.
I doubt I'd have any luck getting a screwed together AC pump, so some throw away sealed unit
What would be the most likely application to ask for?
Something like a 60's/70's Chevy truck with a 350 maybe?

Same question for a 250 six cylinder.

Pete

1 - 19 of 19 Posts