Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to install the fuel lines on my back halfed 66.
I'm going to be running an LS1 with an Aeromotive fuel cell mounted in the trunk.The fuel lines connect to the top of the fuel cell. I'm looking for ideas on how to get the lines around the wheel tubs to the frame rails.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Looks good Ray. Jeff we ran our fuel line through the trunk the along the inside of the frame rail past the tub. Once past the wheel tub we went to the outside of the rail up to the front. We used braided line, it was easy to route. Its been teched ok at the tracks we've visited.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ray, The line passes through the frame rail over the rear axle and exits forward of the rear wheel? Do you have any pictures of where it enters and exits?
67SS, Is the line exposed to the driveshaft or the rear wheels?
Does it enter the drivers compartment?
That's the problem I'm seeing. It seems like it's going to be exposed to one of them. I like the frame rail idea.
Thanks guys. Jeff

·
Registered
97 Posts
67SS, Is the line exposed to the driveshaft or the rear wheels?
Does it enter the drivers compartment?

Call me crazy, Yes it's exposed to the underside. No it doesnt travel through the interior. I do recall considering routing through the frame rail but was concerned about it rubbing and bouncing in there. I went with the exposed but snug method.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is your car a square or round tube chassis? Is it routed on the wheel side or the driveshaft side of the frame rail?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
67SS, If I had just paid attention to your earlier post, You said how you ran it the line.Sorry about that. Is there a section near the front of the wheel tub that is exposed to the driveshaft before you switch to the outside of the rail?

·
Registered
97 Posts
67SS, If I had just paid attention to your earlier post, You said how you ran it the line.Sorry about that. Is there a section near the front of the wheel tub that is exposed to the driveshaft before you switch to the outside of the rail?
Yes the fuel line is exposed to the driveshaft before it goes "outboard" of the frame. It would have to be catastrophic for that shaft to hit the fuel line with all the loops and suspension in the way though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do have front and rear driveshaft loops. I forgot that they will help protect the lines in that area until it can cross to the outside of the frame rail.
Thanks for your help guys.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
The driveshaft in the RM Nova broke when my brother had it. It broke in 3 peices and even with driveshaft loops front and rear it managed to pretty much destroy the floor as well as tear gashes in the frame connectors. If you have fuel lines or brake lines in harms way put them inside a tube and protect them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts