Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have this fuel pump:

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~dyndetail~Z5Z5Z50000132a~Z5Z5Z59181~P94.95~~~~S3L80VH53N67185122915k~Z5Z5Z5YES~Z5Z5Z50000132A

I want to install the OEM fuel pump to carb line. Which has a 5/16 thread.

It screws in alright but there is no stop inside the fuel pump for the pipe to bottom out on.. So the flare has nothing to seat against and therefor won't seal..

I just want an adapter I can screw in that has this stop.. An "inverted flare fitting" 5/16 X5/16. Been to three places and many websites but can't find one.. Closes one is 5/16 on the inside but has a different thread on the outside :mad:

-Tom

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^ that would have worked if it was just straight out.. Stupid they didn't put a seat in the pump itself.. Could have been a manufacturing error who knows.. Anywho. I went back to the auto store that had the adaptor I had tried before.. The threads were soooo close I decided to cover it in cutting oil and work it back and forth little by little. I got it all the way on and none of the threads are damaged at all!! Screws on like it was supposed to now!

-Tom

·
Registered
527 Posts
When I replaced my engine I went to a hard line from the pump to just before the carb. There is a 3" section of hose from the line to the carb. I believe the hard line was just a section of 3/8 or 5/16 steel line from Kragen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts