Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I climbed into the Fuel line wormhole last night. Was up for about three hours past my bedtime till my eyes burned on the forum. Anyways I’m looking for a new fuel line for 62 nova. So far what I’ve come up with is everyone recommends a 3/8 stainless line. Unfortunately right stuff auto detailing doesn’t make a pre-bent line for this. The three eights line is only available for 66 and 67. So my question is will the three eights pre bent line for that year work on my 62??

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
inline tube makes a 3/8 line that will run in the factory location . But I’m not sure if that will work with our cars because they never had a v8 option

·
Super Moderator
3,844 Posts
Yes, the '66-7 fuel line will work on your '62. Stock for 4, 6 and 283 2bbl cars was a 5/16 fuel line from the tank to the carb; 3/8 was routed differently and would fit most 4bbl Novas from '64-'67. You did not say what engine you were running in your car. A 6 cylinder line is routed differently, following the firewall up from the tunnel and coming out directly toward the fuel pump on a 6. On a V-8, regardless of 5/16 or 3/8 line, it enters the engine compartment through a small hole with a grommet at the right front corner of the engine compartment. That hole is not on a '62 or '63 because those cars were never sold new with a factory V-8, but you could punch a hole there and fit the grommet to run it as the factory did on a '64. Of course, all of it could be plumbed differently or adapted when you get it, but those are stock locations.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I climbed into the Fuel line wormhole last night. Was up for about three hours past my bedtime till my eyes burned on the forum. Anyways I’m looking for a new fuel line for 62 nova. So far what I’ve come up with is everyone recommends a 3/8 stainless line. Unfortunately right stuff auto detailing doesn’t make a pre-bent line for this. The three eights line is only available for 66 and 67. So my question is will the three eights pre bent line for that year work on my 62??
Yes, the '66-7 fuel line will work on your '62. Stock for 4, 6 and 283 2bbl cars was a 5/16 fuel line from the tank to the carb; 3/8 was routed differently and would fit most 4bbl Novas from '64-'67. You did not say what engine you were running in your car. A 6 cylinder line is routed differently, following the firewall up from the tunnel and coming out directly toward the fuel pump on a 6. On a V-8, regardless of 5/16 or 3/8 line, it enters the engine compartment through a small hole with a grommet at the right front corner of the engine compartment. That hole is not on a '62 or '63 because those cars were never sold new with a factory V-8, but you could punch a hole there and fit the grommet to run it as the factory did on a '64. Of course, all of it could be plumbed differently or adapted when you get it, but those are stock locations.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh man that’s a lot of good info. I am running a 406 sbc so I think the fender routing is Perfect thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts