Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I finally got the ole 355 going again after the cam decided to wipe a couple lobes off and take everything else out in its path. Its all broke in and I've been driving it here and there but now I'm having a problem when I brake hard it almost wants to stall. If I rev it in neutral or park and let off it also wants to stall. Then if I give it a little gas it studders a bit then clears right back out. Driving it around it runs pefect. Is it the fuel sloshing around in the bowls or something? Its got a 750 Double Pumper with a Proform center section, Holley Electric Blue fuel pump with regulator set at 7psi. The Tank is full of 110 Cam2 so I know its not running dry when I hit the brakes. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Are the floats set right? I had a problem with my Demon running out of fuel until I adjusted the floats. Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
i'd try ,,

i'd try giving it a lil more idle mixture screw ( open ) 1/4 turn or so. Sometimes that will fix alot.

Does it have power brakes ??

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
is the converter the right size for the cam? if your cam has a lot of duration a stock converter wont cut it. i also agree with the floats as well just something else to look at :D

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
There are vent extensions available to prevent fuel from moving through the vent tubes and flooding the carb. I took the budget approach and connected my vent tubes with a piece of fuel line that I cut a hole in the center of. When I put on my CPP 13" brake kit the inertia during braking would force the fuel out of the vents and flood my carb causing the same issue you mentioned. My float levels are perfect as well, so your float level may not be an issue.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
is the converter the right size for the cam? if your cam has a lot of duration a stock converter wont cut it. i also agree with the floats as well just something else to look at :D
The Converter is a Coan and stalls at 3800 with the transbrake. No there are no power brakes just the ole stock 4 wheel drums. What kind of vacuum am I looking for when adjusting the carb?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts