Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 67 Chevy II and have installed an aluminum cell in the trunk. It is bolted through the floor pan and have the lines routed to the filter and pump under the car. I have a few questions first of which- The cell has two AN fittings on the top. One is a rollover vent tube, ideally what should I be doing with this? The other is a fuel return line(right?) my car is carberated, do I need to do anything with that? My last question may be bizarre....I had heard concerns from someone at one time and I remember hearing that the cell should be grounded, from worry of something (static electricity) is there anything that I need to worry about that I am unaware of? It has the sending unit too, it may have been in regards to that....thanks ahead of time.....Trav

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
If you have a vent tube, it must be routed to the outside of the vehicle. The sending unit needs to be grounded to the body, and if you plan on racing it, if the cell sticks out the bottom of the trunk floor, you need to box it in to protect it from stones, etc. Dave

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
65 post covered most of the info. As far as the return line, that is dictated by your fuel pump. Does it require one, if so, what size??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Holley Blue Pump right now, ultimately it will probably be changed out.......Thanks so far for the responses

1 - 4 of 4 Posts