Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - Need some advice.

I am replacing my stock tank with a 20 gallon aluminum fuel cell. I am figuring the whole layout now.

I will be cutting the trunk floor out and recessing the tank (floor is rusted / patched with fiberglass anyway). I plan on building a new recessed trunk framed out of 1" square tube.

The tank is 24 x 20 and would fit better in the area if it were as pictured here...

You guys think I'll have a problem with fuel not getting to the pump this way? Or will it not matter?

I dont think it'll be a problem because the cell outlets are below the bottom of the cell.

I could run it the long way (90 degrees from what is pictured) but it may be a bit tight. For details, I run the stock line to a canister filter then to a holley mech fuel pump which works just fine right now.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
That cell has a rear sump and is designed for the fuel to move torwards the outlet during eceleration. I would move the outlets to the rear. Works better and looks better. For daily driving I would imagine the way you have outline would work.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
If your just driving the car on the street no problem, just keep a couple gallons in there to keep the port covered by fuel. The major right hand turns might give you issues. But really, if you have the room, you should, I have a 20 gal cell, you should put the pickups at the back like it was designed. JR

1 - 4 of 4 Posts