Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of Pypes Street Pro mufflers for sale. I had them on my LS swapped wagon and they're too loud for me. I had v-bands on them so the inlet/outlets are a little shorter than originally but should be no problem. $100+ shipping for the pair.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I’m still at least a couple months from addressing the exhaust on my project, and I’ve already got an old pair of Flowmaster 40’s, but I’ll keep this in mind. How do you you think they compare to FM 40’s?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd say similar but these are stainless. Maybe a bit more of a tinny sound if that's even a word.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'd say similar but these are stainless. Maybe a bit more of a tinny sound if that's even a word.
That’s absolutely a word. And it’s the perfect word for this application. Heck, I’ll even go so far as to say that’s the word to describe exactly what I was hoping that they sounded like.
There’s a crisp, “tinny”, high note along with the deeper rumble that I really like in an exhaust system. Back in the day, you could also kinda associate that sound with high compression and heavy valve springs.

Well, like I said, I’m still a ways off from that point, but I’ll keep you in mind. If in the meantime someone else wants them, by all means sell ‘em.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts