Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to purchase a frontend rebuild kit for a 64 ? Also, with average skills, can this be completed in my garage or should I have a garage that specializes in frontend repair do the job?

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
I seen you had some looker but no replies. I am no expert but I would say you could do this yourself but if the car is your daily driver and you do not have another I guess that would come in to play. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here and I am sure you will be fine.
If you are looking at replacing control arm bushings top and bottom be for warned the bottom control arms can be very hard to get out because the bolt being hard to get out.
If you are doing tie rod ends and your alignment is not to bad at the moment take note as to hjow far the tie rods are threaded on,this will help when you put the new ones in as far as alignment goes. Once everything is in place your first drive should be to a good alignment shop.
I would check with Chevy II Only on a rebuild kit. They are very good to deal with.
You could aleays price the kit and then get a written quote from a shop on the install.
Either way if you plan to keep the car for a while get good parts not the cheapie stuff.
Do a search under "steering,suspension.." her and you shouild get lots more information.
Best of luck:yes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts