Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Wondering if anyone out there can help identify where the 2 cable clips which are installed with the cowl vent and front windshield trim go. Took my 71 apart to replace the front dash panel, and have everything ready to go back in, but can't for the life of me remember where they go or what "cables" they hold down or secure. The clips almost look like they would support the bottom of the windshield and act as a bumper of some kind. Only cable I can see them supporting would be the washer fluid lines??? Really I have no clue at this point though. Help is always appreciated... Will post a pic of the clips if I can figure out how to do that 馃槢
IMG_20200526_192037.jpg

Registered
"The clips almost look like they would support the bottom of the windshield and act as a bumper of some kind."

They actually do look like the windshield bumpers and as such, a piece of hard rubber sets on them and the windshield rests on the rubber. You can use any hard rubber about 1/2" thick.

Look for 1 small hole on each outer side of the lower cowl, close to the where the windshield curves and just 2" or so below the lower edge of the windshield.

Registered
They are the bumpers that the windshield sits on. They bolt to the top of the cowl at each corner of the glass.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I thought I posted a reply a few days ago but looks like it didn't submit. The two supports mentioned by some of you are in place and in tact just behind the front fenders. These are either additional, or installed somewhere else. Last owner painted the car, and at first I thought these did support the windshield, and hid under the trim, but there is paint all over these, and the bad masking job shows paint on the trim itself as well. Still searching if anyone has any other suggestions. Maybe bumpers for wipers, idk. Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts