Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello I am planning ordering your MII front clip next month, I allready have a set of wheels I was considering using. So would a 17x9.5 with a 5.5 BS work, right now they have 275/40-17 tires on them, but I was looking at maybe using a 255/40-17.

Thanks

Oops I saw the FAQ section after posting, but further in the thread I saw info. that I might still be able to run the 9.5 wide wheel?

·
Vendor
1,433 Posts
Hello I am planning ordering your MII front clip next month, I allready have a set of wheels I was considering using. So would a 17x9.5 with a 5.5 BS work, right now they have 275/40-17 tires on them, but I was looking at maybe using a 255/40-17.

Thanks

Oops I saw the FAQ section after posting, but further in the thread I saw info. that I might still be able to run the 9.5 wide wheel?

Here are some pics of Sal's '66 with a 9.5" wheel with 5.75" backspace wheel with a 255-35-18. I should mention that these 255 Toyo R888's were within a 1/4"(1/8" per side) as the Michelin Pilot Sports in 275.

This is with a dropped spindle and the arm traveling up hill by roughly 5 degrees. (the car was slammed)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pics, I guess I might just try it then.

One more question, are customers still mounting their batteries in the engine compartments when using your inner fenders?

·
Vendor
1,433 Posts
Thanks for the pics, I guess I might just try it then.

One more question, are customers still mounting their batteries in the engine compartments when using your inner fenders?
I have only seen the battery mounted up front a few times, most mount them out back. With the weight savings from chaning out clips and moving the battery out back you can change the weight distribution F/R by nearly 2% which can be real close to 50/50.

-J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts