Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about buying 16x7 rallies from a buddy for my 63...air ride, custom front clip...so i tried them out today, they have a 225/55/16 toyo proxes t1-s with a 4.25 backspace.... they where real close and with the wheel turned there was basically no clearance with the fender....how are you guys even running 17x7 with the same BS...will i need to run a real low profile or more like near 6 inch backspace, i have the room for that but like a deeper dish look

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
First off, before you do anything, you need to measure your car to see what space you have to work with and then determine what will work. I have a 215-45/17 on 17x7 rims with 4.5" backspace on the front of mine with a CW clip. I have plenty of clearance. You didn't say if your car has a custom clip or not.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I have 17x7 wheels with 4" bs.tires are 205/50/17 no problems.your tires may be too big.bm

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
well i totally changed my mind on this and have decided on a different set of wheels...they are actually for a FWD application, but have the right bolt patter...they are 17x8 with a 5.88 backspace...i will be trying out an 18x8.5 bare wheel tomorrow to see if thats even close...i will probably end up using a 1/2"-1" spacer on the front depending on how they look

you guys are right it looks like a smaller tire would have cured that situation...

heres the wheels...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hijack....sorry

http://ultrawheel.com/wheel_detail.cfm?brand=2&id=60
I am thinking about running these wheels up front on my 64. It will have the Cw front clip. the site says they have a BS of 5 7/8, but the offset is +40. by my calcs that should only be like a 5.5 BS. Will these wheels work?

Again sorry for the hijack

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not a problem...any additional input on the subject is good, i believe the wheels i am looking at have somewhere around +40 as well....i am actually about to run out the door and grab that wheel and try it out...i will report back on my findings in a few hours

·
Registered
52 Posts
Is your buddy trying to sell the rallies? If so how much does he want? I'll just throw different tires on the front.

-Chris

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah he is...don't think he wants to ship though.

I took a bunch of pics here..the wheel used in them is a 18x8.5 with a 6.3 backspace. i will be using a 17x8 but figured i could get the general idea with this. it fits the front very well and i could actually use it, it will need a spacer as the spindle will not fit , but it only needs a 1/2 inch or so...looks like i'm gonna need so serious brakes now too....

the rear with the wheel fully seated just hits the leafspring and will contact the bumpstop bracket, but with the smaller wheel, less width, the 5.8 backspace and a small spacer it will work perfectly....if i really wanted to i could probably make this wheel work as well...heres some pics
FRONT

REAR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts