Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a starter problem lately on my 66 and when I was working under the car, I noticed that all the rubber dust covers on the tie rod ends and all the other points that required them were cracked and pieces falling off. Even the strut rod bushings were broken and falling apart. I still have original rubber boots that are still good on the parts I replaced. Where can you get the rubber parts that do not fail like the crap that comes with the brand name parts that I have been buying? It seems that all the parts are Hechoed en Mexico or Taiwan.

·
Registered
1972 Nova
347 Posts
I replaced by ball joint and tie rod boots with polyurethane boots from Summit. I don't remember if they were Energy Suspension or not, but you could get them in black or red (universal fit for either color). Haven't had them on long or driven the car, so I'm not sure on longevity.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced by ball joint and tie rod boots with polyurethane boots from Summit. I don't remember if they were Energy Suspension or not, but you could get them in black or red (universal fit for either color). Haven't had them on long or driven the car, so I'm not sure on longevity.
Do they come in a kit for your car or do you have to order them separate? Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Joe,

I would think they come in kits...here is a balljoint set for my 67. When I had the frame pulled, they broke a brand new ball joint and put on a stock rubber boot. I asked them to buy me Polyurethane boots and this is how they came in. This is all 4 balljoints.

Dave
67 Nova Boy

Attachments

·
Registered
63 SS convertible 67 SS 4 spd
833 Posts
Good information. I've been looking for these.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts