Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best place to get a rebuild kit for my front suspension? I've been looking at the kits year one and classic performance products offer. Anything special I should know before I tear everything apart? Like are there any worth while udgrades I should preform while the front suspension is off? I would to keep the cost under 500.
thanks for the info!!!

Mike

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Whats the best place to get a rebuild kit for my front suspension? I've been looking at the kits year one and classic performance products offer. Anything special I should know before I tear everything apart? Like are there any worth while udgrades I should preform while the front suspension is off? I would to keep the cost under 500.
thanks for the info!!!

Mike
Skip Year one. Even with that 15% off discount that every forum seems to have they are still one of the most expensive.

Ground Up (SS396.com) has some good stuff.

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
Before ordering a suspension rebuild kit, make sure to ask the vendor about the source of their parts.

Some of them offer really crappy offshore parts that don't fit very well to get those prices so low. :yes: I had to replace, at my own additional expense, the outer tie rods on the kit I bought from one place because the didn't fit the steering arms properly. :bored:

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Rebuild

thanks for the info!!!

Mike
What exactly is your goal?
new springs? Balljoints? A Arm Bushings?

looking to go exotic?

Powercoating as you go?

Parts are relatively cheap at Murray autoparts stores, with lifetime guarentee.

I did mine WITH new Moog springs, for a few hundred bucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts