Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 73 and i am converting to the 68-72 front end, i am wondering if my current filler panal will work, it has a peice of metal trim stapled to it should i try to remove it or just buy a new one and sell the old off?

·
5,152 Posts
Not sure exactly what you are asking, but the 73 bumper filler panel will not work with the 68-72 bumper and grille setup.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
[opinion]
Please don't. If you don't like the look og the 1973-74 Nova, sell it and buy a 1968-72 Nova.
[/opinion]

TO answer the question, no, the 1973-74 filler is not the same.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[opinion]
Please don't. If you don't like the look og the 1973-74 Nova, sell it and buy a 1968-72 Nova.
[/opinion]
QUOTE]

well i couldnt find a 68-72 and if i ever want to put it back the way it was i can, i have already put alot of time into the car so it hasalot of sentimental value in it so i would prefer not to sell it

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
well i couldnt find a 68-72 and if i ever want to put it back the way it was i can, i have already put alot of time into the car so it hasalot of sentimental value in it so i would prefer not to sell it
If the car has "alot of sentimental value in it" why do you want to change it?

I'm just giving my opinion. It's your car, you can do with it what you want. I'm just tired of 1973-74 Novas being thought of as not worthy of their design. I love 1968-72 Novas but I also appreciate 1973-74 for their differences. They will never get any respect if we keep giving them "nose jobs."

·
5,152 Posts

I'm just giving my opinion. It's your car, you can do with it what you want. I'm just tired of 1973-74 Novas being thought of as not worthy of their design. I love 1968-72 Novas but I also appreciate 1973-74 for their differences. They will never get any respect if we keep giving them "nose jobs."
My wife has sentimental value but I want to change....well, wait let's not go there :D
I think every one of the 73-74 should be converted, save maybe the original survivors just for history sake. At least it's not a Firebird front end going on.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

My wife has sentimental value but I want to change....well, wait let's not go there :D
I think every one of the 73-74 should be converted, save maybe the original survivors just for history sake. At least it's not a Firebird front end going on.

if it was an ss or something special it would be diffrent how is it diffrent from turning my car into a pro touring car wherei completly alter the stance and the body to fit bigger tires or if i did what the first and second gen guys do to chop the roof to make it sleeker how is this any different from me putting on an after market hood or if i had a newer car like putting on different side skirts or bumper how does it not get respect i will still get noticed on the street

·
Premium Member
654 Posts

i also feel the look of the 73 -74 is unique and should be left the way it was fromn the factory jmo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts