Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help with placement of the 283 and flag emblem for my 65. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,739 Posts
Yes it is in there too. That is what I used to make my dual-purpose Lexan template.

One one side it has the holes to spot the "283" and the cross flags.

Flip it to the other side and it has the holes for the "327" and the cross flags.

To me it is extremely important to have the emblems mounted correctly. Every time I see emblems that are not in the correct location I think "half-azzed". Even if it's off just a little bit.

The diagram in the assembly manual shows the correct location. The references for the Lexan template are the vertical edge of the fender and the horizontal crease at the bottom.

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,537 Posts
Here is a copy of the page from the assembly manual. Looking at the drawing, I couldn't figure out how far over from the edge of the
fender to locate the holes shown on this drawing so I took that measurement from the set of original fenders I took off. I thought I still
had them but unfortunately they got deleted somehow. Maybe someone here can give you that measurement. Also remember that the
283 holes are different than the 327 just in case you decide to change emblems. Hope this helps.

FENDER EMBLEM DIMENSIONS.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts