Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some input on front ends for 63-67 nova. I have all stock front end now and am running mid nines with the car. Everyone i talk to says im crazy but i realy havent had a problem with it. My ? Is should i up grade, and if so what are your sugg. On what i should go with? I was looking at the cpp lower control arm kit, is it worth changing over to that? Or should i save up and buy an aftermaket front clip? Any help will be apreciated. Thanks

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Contact Chuck @ Churchboys racing he has a mid 9 second 67.He makes tubular lower arms and a rack and pinion conversion for stock front ends.I have pictures on my photobucket if you want to see the rack instalation.The CBR lower arms are superior to the CPP arm due to more caster adjustment and the suspension is not in a bind in any alignment setting like the hard plastic bushings of the CPP arms.I have removed my CPP arms and am in the process of installing the CBR arms now.

http://www.churchboysracing.com/

·
Registered
562 Posts
i dont know exactly what you want to spend, but i have a friend that owns a shop hear in oregon that does very nice work for a good penny. your in california i see so not to far. he will build anything you want.here is a strut type for a race car he did for a buddy of mine. he will do whole chasis or bolt in stuff. you can get a bolt in that is similar to this with rack, control arms, strange struts, strange brakes, the whole setup built for around 3700-4000

·
Registered
562 Posts
those pics didnt get very big. that was early in the build with mock up motor. if you want to check out some of his builds look at www.66nova.com or www.thompson-motorsports.com He has been around for a long time. you would have to see his work in person. he has done a lot of my buddies cars from back halves , to front halves, to full chassis . he doesnt have them on his site CHECK OUT HIS DAILY DRIVER[ PLYMOUTH LASER] its almost done now but there isnt any updated pics

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
contact chuck @ churchboys racing he has a mid 9 second 67.he makes tubular lower arms and a rack and pinion conversion for stock front ends.i have pictures on my photobucket if you want to see the rack instalation.the cbr lower arms are superior to the cpp arm due to more caster adjustment and the suspension is not in a bind in any alignment setting like the hard plastic bushings of the cpp arms.i have removed my cpp arms and am in the process of installing the cbr arms now.

http://www.churchboysracing.com/

that kit is nice, is that what you have now? And are you selling you cpp kit? I dont have the money right now for the cbr kit but if i can get a good deal on some cpp ill take it.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I would also look at the Smith Race Craft Front clip. I have one in my 73 and we used another brand in the 62 and by far the Smith was the best.

Hands down they do great work. The service before and after buying is above anyone else I have worked with. Call and speak with Andy they make a very nice one for your year.

Joe

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Need some input on front ends for 63-67 nova. I have all stock front end now and am running mid nines with the car. Everyone i talk to says im crazy but i realy havent had a problem with it. My ? Is should i up grade, and if so what are your sugg. On what i should go with? I was looking at the cpp lower control arm kit, is it worth changing over to that? Or should i save up and buy an aftermaket front clip? Any help will be apreciated. Thanks
josh I did the same thing with my stock front end only I added some front coil over shocks. I do like the CBR kit and the CPP kit but NOVA404 makes a good point about the caster adjustment and the binding. If you do a rack conversion be sure to get the one that converts to a front steer design. That way you can run any oil pan you want. Eventually Im gonna do that conversion. I have a buddy in Arizona that says he'll build me a tubular front clip with A arms and front steer rack.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just got my new smith racecraft front end for my 66!!:yes: I love It It looks awesome!! Andy took care of me and they make a nice piece!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts