Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Done re-building the stock 194 in my 63 Chevy II. I figure while the engine is out I am going to paint the engine well. The car came with A/C but I am not going to put it back in right now. I was in the process of removing the A/C condenser that led to removing the bumper then the grill then a piece of the hood locking mechanism and finally some other painted piece of metal. Soooooooooooo.............. My question is- is the front of the car/grill going to look funny or empty without it? or will it just look like a Nova without A/C?

Thanks EGG

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
By your description(although vague) I believe you are refering to the valance panel that the bumper fits over, and yes it will look strange without it!

Jack

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
yeah if your talking about that valence panel, then i agree with babydeuce...it will look very funny. it needs to be there with or without a/c

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry Folks that was vague! I was talking about only leaving off the A/C condenser, everything else is going back on.

Vague Egg

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Eggs63Nova said:
and finally some other painted piece of metal. Soooooooooooo.............. My question is- is the front of the car/grill going to look funny or empty without it? or will it just look like a Nova without A/C?
yeah by reading that, we thought valance panel (that painted peice of metal!!!) but you are talking to ac condensor?? i dont think it'd look funny. i dont have one!!!!

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Only a "trained" eye would notice the difference, because on the 63, the valance panel is slightly different for an A/C car. My 63 was a factory air car, and I still run the "A/C" valance panel, and it looks fine.

Jack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts