Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 74 Nova, but I want to switch to a 70 front end. I know I need the obvious parts like the front bumper and grille with the headlight trim, but I want to know if there is anything else that is 1970 specific that I would need to get. I know that the fenders are pretty close to the same, but i'm not sure if they are the same. I am also wondering the same about the hood. I will end up going with a fiberglass front end (i.e. fenders and hood) and I want to order the correct parts to convert to the 70 front end. Thanks.

Brian

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Divewfo did this.Look at his nova in show and shine.Then go to members rides at the top you should see it.Talk to him.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
man_in_black said:
I have a 74 Nova, but I want to switch to a 70 front end. I know I need the obvious parts like the front bumper and grille with the headlight trim, but I want to know if there is anything else that is 1970 specific that I would need to get. I know that the fenders are pretty close to the same, but i'm not sure if they are the same. I am also wondering the same about the hood. I will end up going with a fiberglass front end (i.e. fenders and hood) and I want to order the correct parts to convert to the 70 front end. Thanks.

Brian
If you don't like the '74 front end and like the '70 better, sell the '74 and buy a '70. You still will have the '74 taillights, rear bumper and larger rear 1/4 windows.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NovaResource said:
If you don't like the '74 front end and like the '70 better, sell the '74 and buy a '70. You still will have the '74 taillights, rear bumper and larger rear 1/4 windows.
Yes, but the tail lights are different and one other big thing is that my 74 is a hatchback car and I want to keep that aspect of the car.

jmcleek- Nice car, that's how I want mine except for the tail light panel.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
That pretty creative IMO nice job on the conversion.

Taz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts