Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 9 inch with wilwood brakes if i hook up the rear brakes to the master cylinder the pedal goes to the floor if the rear brakes are uhooked the pedals hard as a rock ive used all kind of bleeding methods dont know what to do ive also changed the master cylinder

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Yep, I think that is your problem. The disc brakes go on the front.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I bought a 9 inch with wilwood brakes if i hook up the rear brakes to the master cylinder the pedal goes to the floor if the rear brakes are uhooked the pedals hard as a rock ive used all kind of bleeding methods dont know what to do ive also changed the master cylinder
What do you mean by rear brakes unhooked?

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
if the master is plugged then i don't think the piston will move... even though only one port is blocked, the piston is coming against an immovable wall of fluid to the other system... the systems are separate, although working simultaneously via the single piston in the master cylinder...

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
add the front discs, buy a Disc/Disc master and an adjustable proportioning valve and you should be good to go.

no OEM car was ever made with front drums and rear discs... always a minimum of front discs and rear drums... or discs/discs...

they do not make a master cylinder for your application and reversing the lines will cause more headaches than you're having now...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
now the next question has anyone heard of front disc conversion off a 2000 6 cylinder camaro to third gen nova

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
On a 71 with front drums the switch to the Camaro front brakes is easy. Remove everything down to the spindle, install the CBR caliper mounting bracket, Have the drum brake hub machined to fit inside the Camaro rotor, install longer wheel studs, slip on the rotor, install the caliper and bleed the brakes. In addition you will need a disc/disc master and either an adjustable valve on the rear line or AC Delco 25504613 Valve Assembly still available new, paid $56 last month for one to go on the wagon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts