Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone recommend a good reasonably priced complete front disc brake swap package? I’m not looking for anything overly fancy or high tech. Just want a good decent priced complete swap. Thanks!

·
4,539 Posts
If you have a 62-67 Depending on your wheels you may need to get a "zero offset brake kit" to keep the wheels from sticking out too far and rubbing your fenders. Most lower end brake kits will move the wheel out 1/2"-5/8".

Miles

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn’t think to mention my Nova is a ‘71. Didn’t see a lot on Church Boys pertaining to mine.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
You can also do the LS brake conversion if you are running 17” wheels.. There’s minimal offset change and the parts are all GM.. It takes the disc brakes from the 98-02 Camaro/Firebird and puts them on your existing drum brake hubs. If your happy with the current spindles and suspension setup this is a pretty nice
Way to go. You can look up LS brake swap or conversion here on SNS and on the internet and you will get links to it. The parts are all off the shelf GM..

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can also do the LS brake conversion if you are running 17” wheels.. There’s minimal offset change and the parts are all GM.. It takes the disc brakes from the 98-02 Camaro/Firebird and puts them on your existing drum brake hubs. If your happy with the current spindles and suspension setup this is a pretty nice
Way to go. You can look up LS brake swap or conversion here on SNS and on the internet and you will get links to it. The parts are all off the shelf GM..
That sounds like something I’d really like to do, BUT I’m running 15” Welds.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Are you running skinnies up front?

It might be possible.. Look at what 4th gen Camaro’s are using on the front of drag cars..

93-97 F bodies have smaller brakes that do allow 15” wheels but I’m not sure if they have the bracketry to adapt the Callipers to your spindles. The rotor hat will require the same machine work as the larger 98-02 brakes..

This is what the 93-97 brakes look like.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
15x7 will probably not work on the larger 98-02 brakes. It will probably have interference with the calipers.. If you have anyone you know with a Camaro or Firebird of that era you could test fit your wheel on their spindle to see how close or far from fitting it is.

I’ve fitted steel 15x7 rally wleels on the 93-97 spindles I pictured above and they were fine.. Will need to look at the calipers more closely to see if there are already brackets available to adapt to spindles like you have.. I presume you have the factory modular two piece spindles..

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,364 Posts
I used this conversion kit AFXDC02D from Right Stuff for my '72. Went together perfect no complaints whatsoever.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I used CPP on my 71 with drilled/slotted rotors. They have decent prices on 4 wheel kits as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts