Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i hope someone out there can help me.

im trying to figure out which front springs i need for my ride. i have a 75 nova, it used to have a 6 cyl. now that it has a v8, i think i need to swap out the springs cause every now and then on big bumps it will rub. i have air springs in the back , and they work great.

im looking at Eibach but i cant figure out which will fit

·
Registered
72 Frame off, bare metal resto-mod. 383, TH350, Eaton Posi, Complete new suspension, disk brakes
1,519 Posts
6 cyl engines are heavier than v8's. so your front end is actually running a bit higher and ride a bit stiffer than the proper v8 springs. It looks like part of the problem may be the backspacing on your wheels. I'd go after the shocks first, but I gotta ask, what are you trying to accomplish with the coil overs? They sound cool to have, but do they really go with the rest of your suspension? You don't want a "Levi"; a bunch of neat cool parts that don't work together and result in a worse than stock condition.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i want it to stop rubbing. eventually im going to put different, bigger wheels on it, and with adjustable shocks that will help them clear. i dont care about how it "sounds" or any of that bs

right now there are spacers in the springs to help with the rubbing

·
Super Moderator
12,018 Posts
im looking at the adjustable coil-over QA-1 shocks , any idea which will fit? they have different extended and collapsed lengths
A set designed for a 2nd gen F body will work. Spring rate will depend on the weight of the front end. Best to have the car weighed on corner scales before purchasing.

I will make you a good deal on a set if I pull mine out. I like the ability of height and ride adjustments but the overall ride is stiffer than I like. Have been thinking about going back to regular coil springs and shocks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts