Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Stock one with a church boys Kit.:yes: Unless you want to go BB then I have no clue:no:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I bought a TCI a few years back. It had the narrowed control arm area to allow for wider tires.

1) The rack was not shortened to fit the narrowed spindle spacing.
2) The sway bar was not narrowed.
3) The lower attachment plate on the passenger side firewall support was not welded on at the correct angle.
4) When I took measurements from the left rear to the right front they did not match the right rear to left front.
5) I had to widen the lower control arm attachment point to keep from splitting the rubber bushing when I tried to install it.

Other than the above, everything was fine. Did I get a oddball, I do not know. Would a Heidts be better? I have no history with them but for me it would not be a TCI next time. JMO!!

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
I used a TCI coil over assembly with power rack in my 66 hardtop. I love it. It has quick steering & rides great. I am doing a 66 wagon & using the same kit on it.

·
Premium Member
3,684 Posts
I'm using the Chassisworks with a Big Block. Whether Big Block or small block
this is an awesome clip!

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
when you look at what's offered with most clip deals and compare prices on all the components with any other form of suspension kits available... i vote for a clip hands down. whether it's CPP, CBR or any other unit available.

i have a Heidt's clip on my '64 and i think it's one of the best options i chose for my car.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
when you look at what's offered with most clip deals and compare prices on all the components with any other form of suspension kits available... i vote for a clip hands down. whether it's CPP, CBR or any other unit available.

i have a Heidt's clip on my '64 and i think it's one of the best options i chose for my car.
Yep. I agree!
I was originally going to just rebuild my stock front suspension. I totaled up the cost for all the parts and realized that for a little bit more I could upgrade to a MII type suspension and get a lot better steering/ braking/ handeling front end.
Mine is a Heidts weld in crossmember in a 66 front clip modified to work on my 64. The components are a frankenstein mix of Ford factory stock pieces, aftermarket & Heidts parts, and GM brake/ steering components.
[/IMG]
Not shown in the pic is the heidts sway bar option I added later. I also had to cut one coil out of my springs to level out the suspension.
Note that I was even able to keep the 6cyl engine.
Best upgrade I've done.
There are a lot of clips/ parts/ kits out there. I've never heard anything bad about any of them. Its just a matter of preferance or what happens to fall your way. You can't go worng with any of the choices out there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts