Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of any advice or tips on removing the fenders, inner fenders, and radiator support on a 1973 Nova. I'm stripping it down for when it goes into the shop in the next couple of weeks and will be re-painting the frame in the mean time.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
It's pretty straight forward, undo, bumper, hood, fenders, then rad support, if you're separating it all it's easier to remove it this way, then one whole clip. You can break it down more after you get these big sections off. If you have any other questions post them and we'll help you out.

Take pics for reference when it goes back together, too!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's pretty straight forward, undo, bumper, hood, fenders, then rad support, if you're separating it all it's easier to remove it this way, then one whole clip. You can break it down more after you get these big sections off. If you have any other questions post them and we'll help you out.

Take pics for reference when it goes back together, too!
Thanks buddy. I was going to do it in sections rather that one whole clip. One main reason is I just don't have the room to take it all out as a clip.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I've had mine on and off a few times and found it safer in pieces then the whole clip. When you put it back together leave it all loose for adjustment and or drill 1/8" holes for realignment and tag and bag all shims before disassembly.:yes:

·
Registered
247 Posts
its not that difficult

just be patient doing it .....piece by piece..ive done this once..not too bad..lots of penetrating oil...haha:yes::yes::yes::yes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts