Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After asking a few questions on here and foing to the web page of the maker of one said front clip I have to say I don't think I would ever buy one again.

The list just keeps building on why I feel this way. It starts with the instructions provide or lack there of.

Parts list of the actual parts that come with the package. I am not talking about lower control arm.. spindle, ect. I am talking rotor = GM Car X , Shock = Brand X, Caliper = GM Car X, R&P is X. How about you must use oil pan X or it will not clear the R&P. (5 pans later we found this out). Down bar shims... how about a few in the box. No wait we will sell you some and then when you pay by CC for a $35.00 box we will require you to sign for them.

Sorry but I did the front clip in my 73 and it wasanother company and it was dead on and what they said. Any questions I have had they had a real answer.

Let's just explore the shock issue... they say mustang II. Well all the mustang II shocks I find are 11.50 extended 9.50 compressed... but the one in the kit they send is 13.88 and 10.50. Call and they say part number x is monroe but it's not the right size.

I will not even go into the spring issues we all have had...

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
CPP dosen't make a full mustang 2 clip that he is talking about.:no:

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
What a drag you had so many problems. Not cool at all with the way the economy is you would think a smart company would be working as hard as they can to make a satisfied customer. And the thing is, its not gonna break the bank for them to make it right, it will break a customers willingness to do ANY more business though. JR

·
Vendor
1,230 Posts
After asking a few questions on here and foing to the web page of the maker of one said front clip I have to say I don't think I would ever buy one again.

The list just keeps building on why I feel this way. It starts with the instructions provide or lack there of.

Parts list of the actual parts that come with the package. I am not talking about lower control arm.. spindle, ect. I am talking rotor = GM Car X , Shock = Brand X, Caliper = GM Car X, R&P is X. How about you must use oil pan X or it will not clear the R&P. (5 pans later we found this out). Down bar shims... how about a few in the box. No wait we will sell you some and then when you pay by CC for a $35.00 box we will require you to sign for them.

Sorry but I did the front clip in my 73 and it wasanother company and it was dead on and what they said. Any questions I have had they had a real answer.

Let's just explore the shock issue... they say mustang II. Well all the mustang II shocks I find are 11.50 extended 9.50 compressed... but the one in the kit they send is 13.88 and 10.50. Call and they say part number x is monroe but it's not the right size.

I will not even go into the spring issues we all have had...

If you want to call me I will try to help you get the problems handled even if you didn't buy it from me.
Tim

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Guys
I understand your frustrations but make sure this does not turn into a vendor bash. You need to work directly with the vendor to solve your problems.

Tim, thanks for offering to help.
Tg

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tom,

I understand and please everyone who reads this it's not about one company. It's just hard to lay out cash to all the companies we deal with when building these cars and "NOTHING" working out of a box.

I love working on cars and allowing my creativity shine :D but man something has to work out of the box right!

I just paid $150.00 for shocks because no one has anything else that fit's and only one company makes a replacement set. $150.00 for shocks and they are not even the ones I wanted but had to settle for.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Seems like he has tried to get some results from the vendor to no avail. If they wont support their product properly then thy leave them selves open to bashing IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
If they wont support their product properly then thy leave them selves open to bashing IMO.
Please make sure you go back and read the forum rules you agreed to when you submitted for membership. They clearly state no vendor bashing is allowed.

Tg

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I agree VENDOR bashing is not cool. But MANUFACTURE critique if presented with details and objective issues should be talked about. How else is a new member or old, going to know that there may be issues with a certain manufactures product, vendor aside.

And yes, semantics involved. If you want to group the vendors and manufactures together. But I kinda see them as two different entities. The vendor is working for both the manufacture and the customer. He is caught in the middle and its not even his fault if the manufacture has a poor design out there. So I can totally see the rule for keeping the vendor bashing OUT.

And I see the rule as it would apply to the manufacture also. The owner of this site wants to keep the harsh, non productive ranting down. And some folks just want a forum to bash a manufacture cause they are pissed. I get that..

But a heads up to all the folks here about a system that just has too many bugs to work around is useful information. Then we get a vendor like Tim who says he will help out. There is a positive outcome right there.

But I do see a good point for the rule, keeps peeps off their soap box. And no... LOL I happen to be standing on a new case of coors right now. My wife switched to that darn liquid soap years ago and I keep falling off those :) JR

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think there needs to be a listings of all the kit manufactors by Gen and you can grade from your experiance -Great - good - ok - beware etc and have a comment listing - sorta like e-bay 20 words or less !

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
We have this one forum called Rating and Review. Guess what it is for! It's NOT for telling everybody how great the members they have dealt with are.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts