Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used Scott's Hot Rod Shop's 1962-67 front clip or have any info good or bad about them. I know that winning at least 2 AMBR awards doesn't mean that his front clips are the way to go, but he must be doing something right.

Please any help or suggestions about the other manufacturers would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I went with the Total Cost Involved ( TCI ) Pro Touring front suspension for my '66 Wagon. I must say the engineering,quality,fit, finish,manufacturing and completeness off it is first class :yes:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. It would be nice to get some more input, but thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Glenn I have looked at the TCI stuff and it looks good. They are close and the prices are pretty good. Have you driven your car with the suspension set up yet? If so, please let me know how it performs.

Pragmatist the only thing Im looking for is something that handles well. Im pretty sure that I will not be doing auto crosses, but I would like it to handle like a newer sports car. I have a ZZ383 crate motor with a 700R4 trans. I would like to take the car/motor to a reputable shop and try and squeeze 50 to 75 more horses out of it.

VooDooII thanks for that info, I had not heard nor do I know anything about Scott's.

I am not so sure I want to spend DSE type money although not completely out of the equation, but I would really like to stay middle to upper middle as far as companies go. So if y'all have any more info or ideas please let me know.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
If I were to ever do a clip again, I would use TCI. They are involved with the site and offer good customer service. Check their vendor section below. At the end of the day, follow on after the sale is just as important as anything......I have used other clips and had a mountain of excuses......

This is just my opinion from what I have witnessed here, but would be enough to make me pick up the phone and talk to Sal and company before I did anything else.....

I've heard the same about the Scott's clip, many, many issues...

T,

·
Registered
726 Posts
I'm running a Chris Alston Chassisworks clip. Mine is installed but not on the road yet but I have driven a few with the same clip. Very nice install, fit and finish are really nice and they drive and handle really well. Mike (Tech Guy) is a member here and he can help with any questions. I was just on their website last night and they are having a 25th birthday sale right now, so prices are pretty good. Just another option.......

·
Premium Member
1967 Chevy II nova Hardtop
3,916 Posts
If above average performance on a budget is your choice here are three good options.
1. Chris Alstons, Excellent engineering and top quality manufacturing.
2. TCI pro-touring, Superior geometry and strong customer service.
3. TCI mustang II with improved geometry, The best buy for the budget conscious buyer looking for an improved ride and handling.
Any of these will meet your needs quite well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again to the people that helped me with suggestions.

Chuck yes, this is for the car in the avatar. The guy I bought the car from made his own air bag suspension system. I am not very impressed with the system and just want something hassle free and that performs and sits well.

Jason

·
Vendor
1,433 Posts
Being that you're right in our backyard I'd say at least swing by and take a look at our Pro-Touring front end compared to the MII. The ground clearance is massive on the P/T clip, they sit crazy low with shockwaves, the weight savings is 60 lbs over the stock clip and the performance ain't bad either. :devil:

-J

1 - 13 of 13 Posts