Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I hope some one can help i have been having a debate with some buddies about the plastic filler panel i have a basf disc with the GM colour combows and in it it states the plastic filler should be argent silver in colour but they disagree and say it is still available from GM and when you take it out of the box it is grey and that is the proper colour. what is corect and is there any place on the web that I can sow them what is correct. thanks mike

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Ya that's right I just ordered that filler panel and it's a GM repop the original one was a yellowish color painted argent silver not grey.The new grey one I got will need a coat of argent silver.

·
Registered
41 Posts
When I replaced my filler panel I painted it Rally Wheel Grey, since it was the only grey I had laying around. After painting the panel I couldn't tell the difference between it and the original.

Would that mean the Rally Wheels were Argent Silver as well?

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Codelphious said:
When I replaced my filler panel I painted it Rally Wheel Grey, since it was the only grey I had laying around. After painting the panel I couldn't tell the difference between it and the original.

Would that mean the Rally Wheels were Argent Silver as well?
well that depends on the year...I know in '69 they were.(there are other years too...I just in 69 they were off the top of my head)..but there is also a darker "gray" color they painted ralleys too in later years was not argent silver

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I guess I'll update mine with the fact that my car is 69 as well,never thought that could be different,but it mak sense now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts