Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am getting pretty close to being done putting my front suspension togother.I am about to mount the brake lines back on.Also I swapped to a disc setup.

And I need to know if the stock drum brake lines are the same size as the stock disc.I have been looking through a catalog and there are different sizes offered.

Also I know I will need a "combination" valve.Would an adjustable one be better or a stock setup be alright.

I am going to add up how much it will cost to rebuild the stock rear drum setup and compare it to the cost of swapping to rear disc brakes.So maybe the adjustable one will be better if I go that route?:confused:

Will have pics up soon.The subframe and front suspension are turning out awesome.Every nut and bolt has been cleaned.Every bushing replaced and 400 dollars worth of moog steering and suspesion parts.Ordered the parts to reinstall the frame last friday.Hopefully will be reinstalling next weekend.

Can't wait!

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
3/16" brake line for the front discs...
what master cylinder do you have? (dual chamber, etc.)
are you running manual or power brakes?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I am running manual brakes.Also going to use either a stock type dual chamber nova master cylinder or one from a corvette.(I've seen these used alot on 1st gen camaro's and 3rd gen novas')

Also my car had sat for who knows how long.But the brake lines where hooked to the drums and master cylinder and the cap was the on the master cylinder even though it was dry.

The lines aren't rusted through anywhere.(Far from it due to oil on everything)If I have the right size now do you think it would be alright it just clean them up and reuse them?

Working on a budget here and I love cleanin up old parts to reuse.Of course a good flushin would be in order.

Gonna measure the lines I have now.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts