Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading the posts on this and have gone to Summit, Jegs, and afew of the other companies that have the conversions. I have also seen setups on E-bay, but it now. There is up to a $150.00 dif on them and some are throwing in drilled and sloted rotors and delco stamped booster. Whats the real word on these setups, anybody know? what do I really want and don't say a "FORD"

·
Registered
482 Posts
I can help with this one. the conversion you should be looking for is for a 69 camaro. since the camaro and nova share the same sub frame in 69. they are a staight drop in. there should be a million options for you. its a f body. you can go cheap and look on CL. I seen them there for about 250 complete. or exotic and go for 13" rotors etc... but that will be more on the side of 2000. it's all up to you. hit me up if you have any questions.

Will

·
Registered
9 Posts
What you want depends on if you want to remain stock or not.

If you want to stay stock then I would search on ebay. I just bought a whole kit my self off of ebay. I have not installed it but they look like good components.

The differences you are seeing prices are because some kits include:

brake hoses
spindles
all the hard ware
master cylinder
prop valve

If you are going from drum to disc you will need

new spindles unless you want to machine yours down. I think a good machine shop could it. Go to David Pozzi's website to see the difference in spindles.

probably a new master cylinder, especially if you are converting to power brakes.

a proportioning valve because the amount of pressure needed to operate front disc/back drums is different

calipers
rotors
backing plate
hoses
hardware

So my advice is find the kits that has everything. You could go to advance or autozone and buy most of the pieces but it will run about the same as a kit.

Also on ebay a lot of the price difference you see is related to shipping costs as well. I found mine for 275 plus 80 in shipping. It was $10 more than a kit with free shipping but it included brake hoses and the cheaper on didn't so...it pays to shop. I also didn't need a master cylinder or prop valve.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info.

I am not looking for a fancy setup just a stock one.
I have my eye on one kit on e-bay that seems complete and right now you get to upgrade to drilled and slotted rotors and a delco stamped booster at no additional charge. Price is good but I am asking what shipping will be. We will see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts