Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a mock up, I installed a bench seat today that I've been thinking of using in my car. Gotta say, I really like the roominess,compared to my buckets. Track on the seat was about 3 " wider span than the studs in my floor. Not 100% sure what year seat I have. Overall Bench is 4'-2" wide, bolt hole centerlines on seat tracks are 3'-9" o.c. Not sure if my car came original with buckets or bnch but I do know, if I keep this bench, I'm gonna have to modify it.

Just wondering, anyone have some seat dimensions handy so I can compare?

old buckets

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
bench seat...

If this car came with buckets then the mounting holes may be different than bench seat (I'm sure someone here has the dimensions)....not sure how you would make up that big of a difference with that seat you have.

As for your car's original interior....just check the cowl tag on the firewall, it will list the interior style and color.

Looks like you have a 1971 car...here are some possibilities:

standard black vinyl bench...751

custom black vinyl bench...753

custom black vinyl buckets...754

If this car is an original SS....you may be taking away from the car by changing the seats...I have also heard about seat track extenders (home made) to make seats go back further if leg room is an issue. Just some thoughts...

wilma

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't checked my cowl tag in a long time. Back when I did, I don't recall getting those specifics on the bench vs. buckets but I will double check. Thanks for the reminder. I do know that the buckets I have are not original. Someone once told me they were from a 67 Camaro. I'm not all that big on originality anyhow. At the very least, if I do go with bench, the hookup is gonna be a PITA. Currently, there are 4 studs sticking up on each side of the floor, to mount the buckets. When I took out the seats originally, someone had a small piece of wood blocking at the two rear studs of each seat, to get it up a bit higher I suppose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts