Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are putting the Hotchkis 2" drop leaf springs and 2" drop front coil springs
on our 69 SS Nova BBC car (were keeping all the OEM parts so it can be put back to original). What shocks would be a good match for this car, used as a weekend driver, cruise nights and up to 200 mi trips.

It is a stock SS 396 Nova purchased in, and spent its entire life in Arizona. All the sheet metal looks like they came out of the factory yesterday. The only rust issues being a small section of the drivers floor pan from wet shoes and an area of the passager side where the previous owner kept a gallon of water behind the seat for long trips. The condensation wept into the carpet and insulation and over the years took its toll on a small area of the floor pan.
We were lucky enough to find a car with the original engine and drive train but the reason the car fit our budget is that the paint was faded and worn to primer in some places and interior was quite bad. Originaly Dover white with blue interior. It is a bucket seat, A/T console car but the Arizona sun has taken its toll on the interior. The bucket seats and tracks are missing and the console is warped and cracked. The dash was so cracked and faded it turned to dust as we took it out and the insturment panel is warped also. Wiring in the engine bay needs to be replaced also.

Anyway, I got of the subject a tad. The car will be put back to stock but my sons want to lower it and put 17" or 18" rims and low profile tires. Headers and magnaflow exhaust are my desired additions. We agreed that this was the extent of the modifications so it can be put back to completely original if we ever sell it.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
I like the Edelbrock IAS shocks. They're on my big block car and ride and handle nice. Another suggestion for an upgrade though (and fully bolt on and easily removed) is to use a bigger sway bar on the front. I'm using an ADDCO 1 1/4 and it made a world of difference.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I like the Edelbrock IAS shocks. They're on my big block car and ride and handle nice. Another suggestion for an upgrade though (and fully bolt on and easily removed) is to use a bigger sway bar on the front. I'm using an ADDCO 1 1/4 and it made a world of difference.

I second that on the IAS Edelbrocks.
I used them on a 78 Camaro and loved them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts