Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I guess a little introduction is in order. I just got my hands on a '74 Nova that has been parked for the last 8 years (its not an SS or Acadian). Lucky for me, that parking space was in a garage. unlucky was the amount of dust and debriies covering the car, but not bad overall. Given that its a Canadian car and was a daily driver, it is in pretty good shape. Minimal rust (in the lower front fender...and wheel wells). The interior is in great shape although a little dirty. I guess the best part is the amount of miles on the car...30843 (yes i said daily driver...the previous owner worked around the corner from his house and used it for work mostly) - this might sound silly, but being a Canadian car, that is miles tight? when did they switch to KM's?
Anyhow, the brown colour is not for me, but i can't decide what to replace it with. I guess that depends on what the final decision is when it comes to engine and suspension. I look forward to visiting this site repeatedly, and having some (lots of) drinks with other members as we do a little bench racing. I will be posting pics at a later date...thank God this site exists.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Welcome to the site, I'm just north of the city in Keswick! There's some great people here to help too!:yes:

·
13,956 Posts
Hey Tiny! Welcome to the site. I always consider Buffalo, New York, the great white north, eh:D. They get more snow than just about any place in the 10 Canadian provinces.
A couple of things about your 74 Nova. The last production of Chevy IIs and Acadians in Canada was 1967. After that they were built in the U.S. and exported for sale new in Canada. The Chevy II name was dropped after 1968 and they were all badged as Novas until production ended in 1979. The last Acadians were 1971 models. Yes, your car shows miles not kilometeres. The metric change took place in 1977/78.

Bob

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Special thanks to Bob for the coles notes version of the history, I do appreciate it. :yes:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As promised. Here are the pictures, I have a lot of ideas. let me know what you guys think.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
The light colour interior leaves you plenty of exterior colour options! Sure does look solid for a DD.:yes:
Red gets a lot of attention!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Taz you said it. I think it's going to depend on what ends up under the hood. I'm leaning towards one of LSx engines. But i am also thinking of a little front end conversion ('70-'71)...and I did have a line on a 6.2L from an '07 escalade, but I passed on it. At least at this point.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Keep us up dated, and check out the "best of" in the 3rd gen we have some helpful info on the conversion for the front end, or post a question and someone will respond to it.:yes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts