Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i use a bench seat up front on my 67 nova ss, is it as easy as just buying a steering column with a column shifter? i know it needs workto be done, but do you need to buy other parts that can't be fabricated at a shop for the conversion?

·
Registered
120 Posts
You will also need the linkage from the shifter to the transmission and possibly mounting hardware.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You will also need the linkage from the shifter to the transmission and possibly mounting hardware.
can't these be fabricated? i'm in philippines, its kind of difficult and expensive if i were to order that all the way from USA.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I believe it is possible,but I also believe that you will need the original parts to copy from.One part of the linkage mounts into the sub-frame with a ball socket, so that the shifting lever will move back and forth.There are several parts involved in the shifting kinkage.

·
13,961 Posts
In an earlier post you mentioned you had the bucket seats for this car, but no console. Because it's an SS, IMO you'd be better off keeping the bucket seats in the car and waiting til the 66/67 consoles hit the market again, or you find a good used one. If the carpet is ratty on the center hump, buy new carpet. It's easier than converting to a bench seat and column PG shifter.

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts