Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
:eek: Git sum :devil:
living in Torrance you know that area... why don't you go get it? 120th & Broadway? i grew up in Inglewood... i'm familiar with that area... take a couple friends... a few guns... go Git sum! :devil: ;) :rotfl:

could be dangerous down there...

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I GREW UP A BLOCK AWAY FROM THERE, ON 119TH AND BROADWAY, I REALLY KNOW THE AREA WELL. :yes:
IT'S NOT WORTH IT FOR ME THOUGH, I WAS HOPIN' FOR A 1ST OR 2ND GEN!

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
I GREW UP A BLOCK AWAY FROM THERE, ON 119TH AND BROADWAY, I REALLY KNOW THE AREA WELL. :yes:
IT'S NOT WORTH IT FOR ME THOUGH, I WAS HOPIN' FOR A 1ST OR 2ND GEN!
grab it and part it out BigD! a differential, a tranny, engine... possibly no engine/trans (we don't know) but it's got at least a 10 bolt and a set of wheels, suspension pieces... heck you could have it gutted and gone in a weekend. :yes:

make a few bucks in the process...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Dibs on the front seat:eek: j/k:D

Apparently its been sitting there for 2 months, and they want the parking spot. IF it was a 69 thru 72, it would be mine. Btw, tags are expired too..

·
Premium Member
6,852 Posts
Looks like a set up. Bad area and an offer too good to be true. Bring plenty of friends.......they'll have more.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
They have a few good parts on it.....wonder if it has a engine n tranny ( but the car looks like it sitting ) and how complete the AC is...

I dont know the area there, but it sounds like somewhat what we call the lower 9th ward here ( before the Hurricane ) .....

Only way I would go in, cabin full of guns and friends :yes:

Or better yet, get a flat bed wrecker to go and pick it up for you...but it ll cost a little :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dibs on the front seat:eek: j/k:D

Apparently its been sitting there for 2 months, and they want the parking spot. IF it was a 69 thru 72, it would be mine. Btw, tags are expired too..
So wait.. they're giving away a car they don't own for free? Isn't that a lot like putting up an ad saying "Someone come steal this car please so I can use the parking space?"

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Isnt there a law, at when a car hasnt been moved, claimed, or abandoned...... that the new owners can move the car without being responsible for it or something in that matter.....:confused:

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
C'mon guys - Let's use our heads here. You can't just take something that doesn't belong to you without the actual owner's verbal or written consent.

If a Bill of Sale is presented & signed by both seller & buyer (even if the vehicle is sold for one dollar) it's an entirely different matter.

Otherwise, anyone taking the vehicle without the owner's consent is now in possession of stolen property.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Uh...yeah...based upon how the Craigslist ad reads, they don't have the right to give it away. If they have a court order giving them legal rights over the property (Nova) they would have the right to give it away.

Otherwise, they can have a private tow company tow it away but they don't have the legal right to give it away. That's a civil/criminal disaster waiting to happen. Technically, you would be in possession of property that does not belong to you with the intent to deprive the rightful owner of possession. In Minnesota, and likely every other state, possession of that car, under those circumstances, would be a felony theft. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft. pole.

To be legal, the tow company would have to file a lein on it, and process the lein to a title after 90 days (legal time of abandonment in tow yards), in Minnesota. The tow company could then sell it to recoup their financial interest in the car.

Note: Tony must have been working on his reply at the same time as I was.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
im just trying to figure this out.............:confused:

So if the owner got deported and you dont know at when he ll be coming back....

Your suppose to sit on it until he comes back ... even if its over 6 months... lets just say....

What do you do call the city.....????

City loves taking things and I know that 1st hand.....

They went in my yard with a privacy fence, took my crew cab 1 ton...when I wasnt here for like a few months.... and couldnt do a thing about it..:mad:

( Well that Question kinda got answered there than )

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
im just trying to figure this out.............:confused:

So if the owner got deported and you dont know at when he ll be coming back....

Your suppose to sit on it until he comes back ... even if its over 6 months... lets just say....

What do you do call the city.....????

City loves taking things and I know that 1st hand.....

They went in my yard with a privacy fence, took my crew cab 1 ton...when I wasnt here for like a few months.... and couldnt do a thing about it..:mad:

( Well that Question kinda got answered there than )
Nope, you call a private tow company and have it towed away. It'll cost you something but at least it'll be gone. The city enforces blight ordinances. If the car is outside the city will likely tow it. Of course, they could air up the tires and move the car out into the street...then call the city and report an apparent abandoned car. They'd save the tow costs then.

I don't get why the city can enter your property if you have a privacy fence hiding the view of the truck. Here, if it can't be seen by the public then it's not a blight. Having said that, if it can be seen by a neighbor looking out his second story bedroom window, and he complains...well, then it would be a blight.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up for me :yes:

In this City in which I live ( which really :horse: ) has an ordinance " if a vehicle is non operable or hasnt moved " they have the right to tow it with a 10 day notice... I never got the notice.

This City always pokes in everyones business :poke:

I mean, I see them measuring people grass with a tape measure

Writing them a notice and taping it to their door telling them that, Your grass is to high....Im like W-*-T-*-F...:mad:

Not a really Hobby Friendly City...:no:

Its a nightmare at times living here....I cant wait to move...:yes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts