Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
13,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not Ebay, but this gorgeous Wayne Bushey restored Fred Gibb Nova will be auctioned at Mecum in Belvidere, Illinois, May 25-29. This is not a total no reserve auction, so I'm sure this one will have a substantial reserve on it. Anybody care to guess what price it might get to? There are many other real nice Chevy IIs and Novas at this auction, too.
http://www.mecumauction.com/auctions/lot_detail.html?LOT_ID=KC0406-34328
Bob

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Nova_Guy said:
Who in their right mind would want a junky old 68 Nova? :D

Me..... me ..... me me me me ooohhh me I do I do I want one of those junky old 68's just like that one!

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
I want one of those junky old 68's just like that one!
Well let me tell you; they are hard to get parts for! They are better than all the rest according to some people. I think you might want an 86 Nova, they get better milage and have AC.

·
Registered
905 Posts
It is the only red Gibb car found, and restored. They tend to go around Yenko deuce prices, but this being a 1 of may raise the bar some. Last deuce sold for north of 140k. I'd think the reserve on this one would be around 200k. You just never know.

·
Premium Member
11,456 Posts
Nova_Guy said:
Well let me tell you; they are hard to get parts for! They are better than all the rest according to some people. I think you might want an 86 Nova, they get better milage and have AC.
Warning! Members who post obscene pictures place their posting privileges in jepordy!

·
Premium Member
11,456 Posts
Allen_396 said:
Me..... me ..... me me me me ooohhh me I do I do I want one of those junky old 68's just like that one!
Oh, oh, oh! Me, too!!:D

Dan (however, my bank account precludes it);)

·
Registered
818 Posts
There is also a Second Gibb 68 at the auction, a Deuce, a couple of L78s and a nice looking stock 327 4-speed 65. The auction looks like it could be a lot of fun if you have a couple of extra million spend:D

·
13,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anbody know if this 1968 Gibb car sold at Mecum this past weekend? I heard the blue Harrell Nova went for $182,500 and the red Yenko Deuce for $175,500.
Bob

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
The first time shown at Chevy Vettefest (Fall ’05), the car scored an amazing 997/1000 points! The judges were amazed only to find traces of dirt and dust, and commented that they could never give a perfect score for any car. In addition, being with a gathering of Gibb COPO’s this car also took the Top Gun award for best Nova of show, which the competition got very upset over!
So why have that kind of unobtainable scoring rating??

·
Premium Member
233 Posts

·
13,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
According to info on the SYC site, the Wayne Bushey restored Fred Gibb 68 didn't meet the reserve. It got to $235,000 :eek: :eek: .
Bob

1 - 19 of 19 Posts