Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody, I got a little work done on my 74 nova this week. I posted a video of the front end
conversion already but from now on all updates will be in this thread. I got the dash panel and
deck filler hacked in. Taillight panel conversion is next. The theme of this build is to just get it done.
I want to get the car up and running without taking a year or more and worrying about every little
thing being as good as i can make it. Thanks for following, John

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,318 Posts
Thanks for the video. I replaced the same pieces and fortunately I saved the piece you spliced in on the front dash where the bezel mounts. I knew it was for a Camaro but I thought I could just bend it up. I will tack in my piece like you did. If you don't know already the outer mount brackets on the rear deck filler piece where the lower rear window trim mounts need to move out on each end by 1/2 inch. I ran across that info in other threads so I did a measurement and sure enough they have to move. This is the case on my 72 not sure about the 74 but it all looks too familiar.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the video. I replaced the same pieces and fortunately I saved the piece you spliced in on the front dash where the bezel mounts. I knew it was for a Camaro but I thought I could just bend it up. I will tack in my piece like you did. If you don't know already the outer mount brackets on the rear deck filler piece where the lower rear window trim mounts need to move out on each end by 1/2 inch. I ran across that info in other threads so I did a measurement and sure enough they have to move. This is the case on my 72 not sure about the 74 but it all looks too familiar.
Yep. The deck filler didn't fit great. I got it in ok though. Working on the tail light panel now.

·
Premium Member
72, 2 Dr, 383, 700r4
1,318 Posts
Mine fit okay but what a mess, it was rotted bad. When drain holes fill up with crud and the drainage stops you're screwed with rust. After tearing the car down now I know where all the problem area's are for moisture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts