Chevy Nova Forum banner

21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Congratulations..! I tried to look at the ad this morning and it had been deleted already.. That’s some pretty fast work..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
When they wanted to change the title, found a still existing lien!

Not an issue according to Randy, shipping will be delayed.

Will put a LM7 into the trunk as a buddy deal! Makes it hard to stay with the LTG idea!

The 5.3l V8 should be overhauled, core, crankshaft and heads in good shape and I could reuse the TH350 trans!

Hmm, will see what arrives in Austria!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
congrats on your 73 omega. that will be a blast on those austrian roads. i drove them years ago an still brings a smile to my face thinking of all those curves an hills/ mnts. here's a vid of a red omega like yours.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
hmm, think I should start a new topic :D

Chevy Nova --> Olds Omega
LTG 2.0l Turbo --> LM7 5.3l

I had to understand the LTG swap would not be so easy to realize for me, for the LS swap you can buy almost everything!
and its way cheaper as well

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
There's a reason why everyone has either a SBC or LS motor in their muscle cars - cheap, reliable and prolific power.

I was looking forward to the 4 cylinder turbo, however, because it hasn't really been done (at least not often) and I think it would help the power/weight balance.

Kev

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
before I break down the Omega I would like to drive her and visit some shows and US car events here in Austria.

So I wonder what to do best and maybe give the inline 6 a bit more power?
replace all liquids (engine and transmission oil, brake fluid, coolant)
new spark plugs and ignition wires
HEI Distributor
brake pads/shoes
fuel filter and oil filter

odometer shows 43596

any other inexpensive performance gains or recommendations to take care of?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
dont forget the rear diff. lube also if its manual steering check an see whats inside for grease. an good luck with your build.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I'll need your advice!

I bought the book “American Cars, 1973-1980, Every Model, Year by Year” and learned that form the Olds Omega 1973 only 26,126 cars and 1974 already with some updates on bumpers and grill 27,075 cars were produced.

The Omega is almost in initial delivery setup and numbers are ok.
So I more and more question myself if this LS swap and all other modification I planned will honor this car as it should do? My oldest daughters opinion is to keep it as original as possible. However in Austria it will be a real rarity on the street. This exact model is therefor listed on the list of worth preserving vintage cars of the Austria federal ministry of transport! And if I will have an Austrian title as a vintage car than anyhow will be forced to keep it in the original conditions.

Than I maybe only will have the S package from 74 installed – lowering the car about 1,5” with the rally suspension and the sport bucket seats.

What would you do?

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
The '73/'74 Novas with the big bumpers are not particularly rare, attractive or overly desirable vehicles (at least in the states). I'd do whatever you want to it - it's your project!

Kev

21 - 40 of 81 Posts