Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 68II, bought hotchkis subframe connectors but wont work with my spring pockets, clearance issue. talk to hotchkis and the pockets they show in on of there spring packages 1/2 drop seam to show the corect pockets for there connectors are mono leaf. Has anyone had this problems? Any ideals would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Mmmm,..... not following what your stating.

Can you post pictures of the issues?

·
Registered
982 Posts
there shouldnt be any issue, the connectors should go between the body and the spring pockets, i have the hotchkis connectors and original 68 spring pockets, now i have a 3 leaf spring as well, and my only issue was the damn bolts that held the pocket to the frame. sorted that out and everything fits quite nicely.

definitely upload some pictures for us so we can see whats wrong here

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will try to post pics i gues there r 2 kind of of pockets 1 fits up closer to the floor pan then the other, giving more space, think it mono pocket.
have to call around 2 c what i can find out .

·
Registered
663 Posts
Don't remember the exact differance,but camaro's used a different spring pocket then novas you can see the difference in the cross bolt loaction one sits about 3/4 of an inch higher.Maybe yours was change at some point in time. I had the same problem in my 1st gen camaro someone put a nova spring pocket on one side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
think the connectors only will clear with camero pockets both 68 and 72 have same pokets.the camero pockets looks to sit the eye bolt of the sping higher up which is closer to the floor , plus the the side of my pockets have angled out edges which hits the ties. i think the camero pockets will bolt right in . yes my 72 is a skyroof had for 25+ years just waiting to get a place to put a bigger garage so i can try a rotiserie on her.

·
Registered
988 Posts
think the connectors only will clear with camero pockets both 68 and 72 have same pokets.the camero pockets looks to sit the eye bolt of the sping higher up which is closer to the floor , plus the the side of my pockets have angled out edges which hits the ties. i think the camero pockets will bolt right in . yes my 72 is a skyroof had for 25+ years just waiting to get a place to put a bigger garage so i can try a rotiserie on her.
There is no difference in mono or multi spring pockets they are the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts