Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering if these are reqd , has anybody used them if so tell me any and all info, do I take car to frame shop? weld in place while car is attached to frame machine?? doors are binding at top .........all input is helpful

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
if you're referring to weld-in frame connectors,YES they will help the 1st gen verts for stability and safety.
if your doors are binding though,this may be an indicator of a larger problem such as rotten inner or outer rocker panels.i'd figure out the cause and correct it to "original" standards before trying to re-inforce the structure.
leftcoast carl.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Most likely your clam shell supports are most likely badly rusted. This is the main support of convertibles which run down the inner side of your rocker panels. You can get these replacement parts from a Nova parts dealer or maybe have a frame shop build you something. To fix something like this,usually bracing needs to be temporarly made in different parts of the car once it's back square (so to speak) so the doors shut properly and so forth and than the main clam shell supports should be welded in.
I strongly recommend a professional solve this problem as it is the foundation of the car.

Just my opinion, Bill

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone know where to find rockers and inner supports for the verts? I haven't seen them anywhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts