Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I did a thread search for frame mounts and it looks like someone was using this kit on his 76

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ENS-3-18117R&N=700+0&autoview=sku

Does anyone know if this kit includes the mounts for the radiator core support? I took a quick look at the mounts that are at the end of the front suspension and the bolt that screws in the mount looks pointed. Do I have to re use my bolts, order a seperate kit or just get some grade 8 bolts from the hardware store? I can take some pictures of what I want to replace tomorrow.

Thanks in advance
Gary

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the solid aluminum mounts from Pro-Touring F-Body. They are really nice.
Wich mounts does the kit replace? Did the kit include the bolts? I definately need to replace the mounts on my radiator core support. The others are not THAT bad, but ill replace them anyways. The kits dont list the radiator core support mounts included, should I assume a set of frame mounts has them included?

·
Registered
90 Posts
dunova, I ordered the same bushin kit as you did (I think) but was a little disapointed as it was'nt really the same as the 4G style and perhaps the fact the in Sweden I paided almost 3 times what you did :eek:

But it will probably work anyway becouse my radiotorsupport is in lousy shape and it is really just temporary until I can get my hands on a new one but for someone with a nice rad support it might not fit correctly.

Just thought I would point it out for anyone interested in them. As far as I know there are no reproductions of 4gen rad mounts?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Energy suspension hyperflex kit

Their hyperflex kits come with the rad core mount bushings. You will have to re-use your old bolts, get new ones from the hardware store or get the bolt kit for the camaro (it also comes with the washers). They use the same bolts. I have done this on two cars and its much cheaper to get the kit from Energy than to go to the hardware store for the grade 8 bolts.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Front Rad Support Mount bushings and Hardware 4th Gen?

Their hyperflex kits come with the rad core mount bushings. You will have to re-use your old bolts, get new ones from the hardware store or get the bolt kit for the camaro (it also comes with the washers). They use the same bolts. I have done this on two cars and its much cheaper to get the kit from Energy than to go to the hardware store for the grade 8 bolts.
OLD thread, I know but was all I found related...

These camaro mounts work? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-3-4142g/overview/year/1976/make/chevrolet/model/camaro

I don't need all the kit, just the rad support mounts. Here's what mine look like:

·
Registered
21 Posts
core support

where in gods green earth do you find a good radiator core support ! i found the bushing in an old car parts catalog that is still in business today . www.jcwhitney.com/ ask the floating icon guy . or go to opg and look up chevelle parts , they look the same and could fit ,might just need a large washer

·
Super Moderator
12,032 Posts
Energy suspension kit 3-4129G will fit a 4th gen and contains the core support bushings.

Tigmaster I have a repairable core support, just have not had the time to fix it yet. PM if interested but may be a couple of months before it is ready.

·
Registered
21 Posts
philip core support

hay guy all the one s i found were rotted in the same area , where they connect to the frame . to this date i have 4 in the garage all rotted the same way . got one from a guy on ebay for 200 , i came a week later i opened the box (well packed ) and to my surprise it was a core support , but it was from a ford pick up truck . the guy refused to except it back and i wound up selling it for more money at a swap meet . right now all i am interested in is the lower portion of the core support . i attempted to remove a good pad from the opposite side and it didn't look right . last year i was flying out to south dakota and a guy had one an hours drive from the airport . i went and i saw , problem was he wanted $500 for a real descent core support , but it was to big to get on the plane ride home price wise . so if you could shoot me a picture of the core support with a price , we might be able to do business

·
Registered
21 Posts
core suport new find

found a nearly new core support in rhode island in a scrap yard . i talked to the owner , he said there is very little rust on it . the car is a 4th gen nova and it was a resto that had a bad hit in the rear . :eek: .. now the bad news i have only 1/3 of the money and he will not take time payments ..:( . he said he know how rare these are and he said he would keep it aside for me for 2 months . :) , then it goes on ebay . just started working on the 76 again . next step it pushing it to the garage and pull the motor out ,then cleaning the engine compartment of all the solids . then placing a 321 out of grand national , this motor has only 70k on it and i drove the car before the motor was pulled

1 - 15 of 15 Posts