Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my Nova ('68), I thought the guy told me it had big block frame mounts. A small block is going in the car. I'm looking at frame mounts in a Nova catalog and the big block and small block frame mounts appear to be identical in the pic's, although they have different part #'s and prices. Where is the difference between big block and small block frame mounts? My small block engine mounts seem to fit the frame mounts in the car...if they are indeed big block mounts, can they be used with a small block?

Thanks in advance!
Darrell

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Darrell,
Can you post Pictures of the Mounts?If they are BB Mounts and you are going SB I would Change the Mounts.If you were interested in trading the BB Mounts for SB Mounts let me know.
Joe

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Darrell, The big block frame mount is taller on the drivers side. Small block look about the same. If the car is a 4spd. Check the trans crossmember. If it is a small block. The frame mounts probably are as well. Earl

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. It does appear to have big block mounts, part numbers 3950114 (right) and 3950113 (left). The difference in height isn't much, about 1/4" but I have also read that the big block mounts position the engine differently.
Joe, yes I would be interested in trading these for a set of small block mounts, I will try to get some pic's of them this evening.

Thanks,
Darrell

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Darrell,
If you want to Trade I dont need the Pictures.Sounds like you allready figured out they are BB mounts so the Pics are not needed.Send Me a PM with your Address and I will send a SB Set.When you get them you can send the BB Mounts.
Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts