Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for a measurement from a 62-67 V-8 car. Specifically the distance between the through-bolts in the motor mount pads on the frame mounts. I’ve currently got a 6 cylinder in the car and am in the final stages of trying to install a Pontiac OHC 6. There’s absolutely nothing shared between the two platforms so I’m kind of grasping at straws to make the thing fit... So, if anyone has a V-8 car with no motor in it that could take a quick measurement I’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any help y’all can offer.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
V8 and L6 cars are the same.. The frame mounts are swapped out for the engine being installed. I think you’ll need to look at your oil pan as the rear sump pans don’t work in ChevyII’s. The rear steering linkage intrudes into the same space as the oil pan..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the frames are the same but the brackets that bolt to the frame are different between the L6 and V8. That's the measurement I'm looking for. The oil pan is a totally different issue that I'm trying now to figure out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts