Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kind of on hold with my oil pump dilemma so I moved over to repainting the frame. Got it lined up as best I can and now its time to refer to the dimensions from the assembly manual to get it as close to home as possible. I am not 100% clear on where exactly these dimensions are referring. I can use a long rod into the frame/alignment hole and wiggle it around pretty good. Lot's of play there. Other than getting it centered and double checking some overalls on each side and a few diagonals, are there any tips or tricks that might help me locate this as correctly as possible.

You can see some dimensions in the pics and how they reference that dark line but I'm not really sure what that line is. Once I get this frame where it needs to be and torqued up, I can concentrate on getting the motor & tranny wrapped up and installed. I'm looking forward to that as a major milestone in this resto project.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will look thru my assembly manual some more and also my old picture archives. I can't help but think I may have seen this somewhere. thanks.

Worst case scenario I worry about it later as needed, once I see how the front clip sits and also the drivetrain and even the steering column to steering box alignments. It's easy enough to loosen the 4 bolts and wiggle and jiggle it to and fro, especially with a long leverage rod in that gage hole.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I had to redo my subframe from this. I would imagine if the subframe checks out you shouldnt have a hard time getting everything centered. This doesnt show a whole lot but at least you can check your subframe off of this. This may not help but I thought I would at least post it in this thread. The center body mount holes will perfectly measure evenly to the center of the transmission mount or at least mine did. Your driveline should be whats centered.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Frame dimensions

Hey Jay... if you PM me your email address I have the OEM dimensions and specs for your car. The specs will put you bang on for measurments to make sure everything lines up correctly.. No charge of cource just want to help everyone on this site as guys have done for me.... also all the measurments are measured either from centre bolt to centre bolt or centre hole to centre hole.

Extreme:D

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had to redo my subframe from this. I would imagine if the subframe checks out you shouldnt have a hard time getting everything centered. This doesnt show a whole lot but at least you can check your subframe off of this. This may not help but I thought I would at least post it in this thread. The center body mount holes will perfectly measure evenly to the center of the transmission mount or at least mine did. Your driveline should be whats centered.

thanks shaggy. good solid info there. the more I have to reference the better.

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
You still need the installation measurements. The frame is referenced off the rear frame rails. You need to know the diagonaly measured distance from the gauge holes in the front body mounts to the gauge holes by the front of the rear spring mounts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts