Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.... for those of you following, this is my wifes birthday present. I was able to get it put together in time but the starter died and she couldnt drive it. The interior is the only thing left to finish and that should be within the next week. This build was a total of 2 months. It retains the 6cyl for now with plans for a v8 swap this fall/winter.
Thanks
-Steve

·
Banned
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks guys.... actually she picked out everything on the car (no joke). From colors to wheels, to gauges, everything... I guess shes got good taste :D
-Steve

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i like whoever's it is taste in Flames :D :D :D

playin' it safe, both sides of the fence ;) :D :D

hey Steve... is that a billet grille or a stocker ??? could we get a head-on shot from ya ???

·
Banned
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FunkyNova66 said:
What happened to your low 64 impala? I'd love to have that!:D Do you do this as your business or for personal hobby?
(not to change the thread but...) The Impala about 1 week away from completion...... the interior is being finished now.
I am building both these cars at the same time hoping to bring them both to the Good-Guys Columbus show July 7th.
I do this as a "profitable hobby" now. The business is set up as a LLC. I hope to do this full time soon. Right now I do 2 cars a year, part time, but am picky on my projects.
-Steve

·
Banned
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JohnnyRotten said:
hey Steve... is that a billet grille or a stocker ??? could we get a head-on shot from ya ???
Thats a Billet Grille. It did need a little TLC to get it to fit. Not bad, but I know there is a thread on it here somewhere. Basically the center tabs are off. I beleive some members here sell them as well. I cant tell you if that issue has been resolved.
-Steve

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
Fast4by said:
Thats a Billet Grille. It did need a little TLC to get it to fit. Not bad, but I know there is a thread on it here somewhere. Basically the center tabs are off. I beleive some members here sell them as well. I cant tell you if that issue has been resolved.
-Steve

QUOTE]

What was needed to fix it, and how hard was it?

The car looks great!!! Hope my moordoor ends up 1/2 as nice!

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Steve, The car looks good. Are you going to bring it to Jackson next week?

Were trying to get a few Nova's together.

novamaniac
Bob

·
Banned
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Coprod said:
What size wheel/tires...I'm about to get wheels/tires for mine.....any rubbing or mods? Richard
After alot of discussions here, I went with 17x7s w/ 4.5" b.s. The front tires are 215/45/17 and the rear are 225/45/17. No rubbing issues at all. Not even close. I want to drop the front about an inch and i dont think it'll rub then either.
-Steve

·
Banned
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NIGHTSHADE said:
What was needed to fix it, and how hard was it?
The center tab doesnt line up with the bolt hole in the hood latch. So I loosened the center bolt and seperated the hood latch from the center brace on the car and 'sandwiched' the grille center tab in between. The end holes line up with the brackets included with the grill. I was going to cut off the tab and weld a new on in the right place but was afraid of melting the grill.
-Steve

·
Banned
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
novamaniac said:
Are you going to bring it to Jackson next week?
It should be done by then.... I am trying to bring out the impala too. Hope to see you there.
-Steve

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Steve,
Pretty cool. I am here in Columbus, only about 10 mins away and we go every year.

I'll keep an eye our for your wifes 66 and your Imp too and if you see a "crappy" red 66 4dr cruzin around, give out a shout !!
:)

-Brent Thomas
Ohio

·
Registered
87 Posts
Steve,

The rims look great...Are those the C-5 in grey? I was going to order them...same if not cheaper than American Racing TT2. Only problem is I wanted a 16" rim and they don't make em:(

So I went with TT2......also wanted the TT2 with 4.5" BS...but they only do 4.25" hope its enough...i'll be sick if this does'nt work.

I wanted the 16" so I could get a little more tire in there, I hope:confused:

What do you think about the 16" w/ 4.25" BS all around....225/50-16 on rear and 205/50-16 on front?

If I can fit bigger I will.

I also considered shaving my door handles, but not sure yet...

Take care,

Richard

1 - 20 of 21 Posts