Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i didn't find a thread like this on the 1st/2nd gen section... just wanted to get some comments on the car.

yes i bought this. already talked to a body shop who restores muscle cars. i heard it will take 6-7 pcs of 4ft x 8ft of grade 1.0 sheetmetal (pls comment on grade, i don't know what gage it is) to restore it.

how bad is that? consider that the car is still somewhere in USA, not outside the country.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Wooo Hoooo. I saw Angeles City and my eyes perked up (and other stuff). Spent a month out there on leave once, many years ago..

That thing is a find out there. Some serviceman prolly had it shipped over huh?? It doesnt look bad at all from here. Thats a very doable project.

It will be one of a kinda Im sure. Oh, unless you want to toss on some standard A.C. accessories LOL J/K Some of the best times during my lil 6 year stint were had in AC... Please!!! Keep us posted on the build process. JR

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey Jr fields avenue is the place you were pertaining to. its doing better than ever (you understand what i'm getting at) hahaha...

tomorrow i'll be getting my quote for the body works... in a month or so i'll be able to update this thread with pics.

·
Premium Member
6,853 Posts
Looks like you're going to end up with a great car. Love those second gens. Is it a rolling chassis as it sits currently?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes it is... but i'll have a front clip installed in a few months.. hopefully i will be able to make my purchases there in USA then have the parts shipped here. roughly my whole front end will come from there, brand new..

since i'm only 25 years old i plan to have this car for a long time ::cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
hey Jr fields avenue is the place you were pertaining to. its doing better than ever (you understand what i'm getting at) hahaha...

tomorrow i'll be getting my quote for the body works... in a month or so i'll be able to update this thread with pics.
I was out there in 1985 and 86. Ill be really honest, I fell in love with the place. The people, the food, the way of life.. Im retired now at 43 (pushin 44) with a solid pension and if it werent for the wife and kids (which I love) I would honestly think about taking my butt back. The way of life there suits me. And no, not the mis-conception of it being a complete party. I just love the folks (and the FOOD!!) and the more laid back atmosphere compared to where Im at now....

The PIs will always hold a special part in my heart... Damm!! Missing it already.... JR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts