Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, my fault for never looking at this before. Today we were taking the rear wheels off to have different tires put on. I have never had the rear tires off before. Well, the "five lug conversion" that was done was just plain scary. good thing I was not going to dive the car again until I replaced the rear leafs and rear end.

scary stuff by DanK1, on Flickr

rear hub by DanK1, on Flickr

rear drum by DanK1, on Flickr

·
Registered
93 Posts
WOW.. surprised you didn't notice a vibration, cause that thing couldn't have been on center. Definitely better off with another differential, no telling what else they "moused" with on that one.
FLD

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Omg!!!!!

:eek::no::doh::turn:

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Shucks.... There's enough meat there to re-drill and make a 6 OR 7 lugger now! Get enough stuff bolted on there and it'll never fall off:rolleyes::devil:
Leftcoast carl:)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, there wasn't any real vibration. But I noticed a bit of rear diff "hum". I already planned on a new rear diff since this still has the old 10 bolt with the detachable 3rd member. We have pretty much replaced all that he had done so far anyways. I guess it is good we decided to start fresh on everything. People do some really crazy stuff. We were taken aback with this one!

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
First off, my fault for never looking at this before. Today we were taking the rear wheels off to have different tires put on. I have never had the rear tires off before. Well, the "five lug conversion" that was done was just plain scary. good thing I was not going to dive the car again until I replaced the rear leafs and rear end.

scary stuff by DanK1, on Flickr

rear hub by DanK1, on Flickr

rear drum by DanK1, on Flickr
i don t think they liked the 4 lug:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
my '64 Moordoor project came to me the same way... the PO pulled all the 5 lug stuff off then reinstalled a '63 4 lug set up... front and rear end, it went from a 5 lug to 4 lug then he gave me the shell of the car... pretty much gutted.

the 4 lug set up he installed was all drilled to 5 lug. quite a few of the holes were buggered on mine, just like yours... mine i think are junkers/rollers. i wouldn't street 'em... i've since replaced 'em with a set of std 5 lug hubs, spindles etc.

i'd think if buggered they could have at least welded in the studs. mine were so loose that when i removed the wheels quite a few studs fell out... :eek: :doh: :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts