Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i was in the junkyard today looking for some seats to put in a vw rail .I came across (trunk of a camaro) a set of heads that were in plastic bags,the orange paint got my interest.The numbers on them were w f25 ..... s/r i-052........w g25 or 625 i was gonna buy them just because, but i figured i'll go back tomorrow if theyre worth grabbing.They still have the springs and rods in them but no rockers, all the ports were plugged with little plastic caps to keep crap out.The only thing that bothered me was there was one difference in them one set of numbers a 93 over nh, and the other was a 91 over nh?There was also a gm trans there gmpt 48 4l6oe?Thanks guys........

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think i figured out what they are....World products (castings) chevy small block stock replacements hence the S/R...I may as well pick them up for the $40 :) cant hurt to have them fluxed.Later

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dont know??But the s/r i052 are the casting numbers used on the world iron sbc heads.Maybe alot of stock sbc have them but i cant seem to find them and i couldnt get an answer here..I'll know more tomorrow after i get them i guess..

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I think you're right Gate. The s/r's do have those symbols from what I recall. That's a SCORE for $40 if they aren't junk.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The numbers were identical to this picture, from world products..I dont know much about parts yet but the s/r is what caught my attention.If they are and are in good shape cant hurt to add to the collection, someone went through the trouble of sealing up all the ports so maybe(fingers crossed)..If not then i can practice porting on them..

·
Registered
351 Posts
A buddy of mine's '93 Suburban was stolen and stripped in Tacoma, WA about a year ago. It ended up in a wrecking yard. Whoever buys that motor is one lucky pup. It's a TBI 383 with ported vortec's, HT 383 roller cam, roller lifters, SCAT crank & rods. Heck, the intake alone is worth $300. Those finds are few and far between, but they're still out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts