Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few months ago when i went to get everything for my rear brakes i told the guy @ car quest that i have a 70 nova but the rear is out of a 75. oh they are all the same shoes drums hardware. well i posted last night my problem. well i did some research and found out that a 75 actually had a smaller shoe as far as the circumfrance. part #245 for the 75 and 242 for the rest. well i called car quest and they say not so. so icalled my friends @ bond auto and they look into and find out this is true and that they have all the parts in stock. so we will give it another go tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
2,040 Posts
What happened to the days when parts guys/gals knew parts? My Dad has a 49 Chevrolet with mustang II front end and a GM crate motor. Most parts guys/gals cannot find any parts for us. All they want to know is year/make and model. Glad you figured yours out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Very Simple....they dont wanna PAY the people who know !!! They'd rather pay some ******* who can bearly speak english or know nothing about cars 7.00 then pay someone who DOES now 17-18. So the customer gets the right parts the FIRST time !!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i love it at autozone or advanced auto when they ask me year make model then the tricky one engine size and i say 406 and there responce is they dont list that engine. then i will say just put in 350. all i want is a heater core. well we cant gurantee it will be the right one cause you have a differnt engine. ch ch pow button pusher

·
Registered
303 Posts
That is why my buddy is quitting Autozone. He is a manager and very car knowledgeable but they do not want to pay him good. He is completing a few more college classes and is done with them.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I was a store manager at Autozone about 8 years ago. I left because I saw the quality of service going away. The big shots at the corp office decided to pinch pennies and really hurt my ability to help the customers. I will still shop there once in awhile but only because I still know my way around and I have to tell the guy exactly what I want and where to find it. If I have a real question I go to NAPA...

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I went to my local Kragen store last night. All of the workers were wearing Green colored shirts. Then I read the logo. It said "O'Riley Auto parts".

Bryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts