Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found an Acadian 68 SS, if its real, probably as rare as hens teeth.
We are checking out the docs with GM to see if its real. I have looked at the car, and since I have a 68 Nova, it looks to be real to me.
Factroy 350, 4 speed Muncie M20( currently blown up, buckets, tac in dash, deluxe interior, power brakes, disk front, factory 10 bolt with the tag still on the diff.
Its ruff, but 98% all there.
I don't know the price yet, but I suspect its worth a few bucks, even ruff, as there was probably only a few 100 ever made.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re; 68 Acadian ss

Hi I've been watching this site for a long time but never put a post on till now. I've gained more information about novas the last year or so by watching this web site than I did the last 20 years on my own. I have a 68 Acadian super sport that I've owned for 30 years. The information sheet I got from General Motors of Canada limited for my car is that there were 691 produced for sale in Canada. Mine has very few options on it so I've been amassing a few 68 nova related parts to make mine more appealing for myself (Tach dash,courtesy lights,etc). If you thought getting parts for a 68 nova super sport was tough, try getting trim parts for a 68 Acadian super sport. Good luck.

·
13,813 Posts
68acadianss said:
I have a 68 Acadian super sport that I've owned for 30 years. The information sheet I got from General Motors of Canada limited for my car is that there were 691 produced for sale in Canada.
68acadianss, welcome to the site. Always great to have another 'Island' resident on board.
I think that 691 figure you have from GM Canada is the total number of 1968 Acadian 2 Door Coupes with V/8s. It doesn't tell how many were SSs, because that was an option. I ran into this when I had my 1970 L78 Nova SS. GM said 3025 of that model built (for Canada), which was all the 1970 Coupes with V/8s. When I called to find out how many of the 3025 were SSs they couldn't tell me, because they don't have numbers on option packages. Probably the same thing with Acadians. What would be your guess on SSs...maybe 300?
Bob

·
13,813 Posts
novasrus said:
how can ya till for sure if your car is a real SS acadian
The easiest way is to get GM Canada to document the car. Beginning in 1968, the SS package was an option and will show on the documentation option listing.
Bob

·
Registered
226 Posts
If your '68 Acadian has the original serial # on the block you can say that it has the original engine. I believe the 'MS' engine code was for the '68 L48 manual trans engine, while MU or MN was for the Powerglide version. Whatever the code is for your engine, if your car has one of those codes with a serial # matching your v.i.n. then you have an SS. The L48 350 was only offered on the Camaro SS350, Nova SS350 and Acadian SS350 for 1968. Also the genuine Muncie 4-speeds were only offered on the SS that year, unless you have a factory L-79 (325-horse 327) Nova. All non SS Acadians would have used a Saginaw 4-speed whenever a 4-speed was specified. The 3-speed Saginaw (column shift) was offered in '68 on the SS350 as well a the h.d. Warner T-16 3-speed (floor shift). For '69 the 3-speed Saginaw was gone from the SS, and the h.d. 3-speed was now a Dearborn 3-speed.

Just a thought but the manual trans Super Sports that year would've come with a 12-bolt rear end. Powerglide Super Sports would use the 10-bolt regardless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts