Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else run into this problem? Every time I seem to be looking for replacement parts for my 62 convertible,they start at 63 thru 65 and leave out the 62's. Is there a chart some where that lists parts that will interchange from year to year? I understand that some parts are 62 exclusive like the grille and emblems but some of the other parts must interchange. Just wondering! :confused:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
As jeff said above most of what we need for our 62s will interchange with other years. Body parts such as fenders hoods doors etc are the same 62-65 but interior trim exterior badges and die-casts are year specific as are the hood latches for our 62s.
In addition to the points made above verts are specific to 62 and 63 only and vert specific parts are equally difficult to find.
It would be best to list what you are looking for for your 62 and others can let you know if it is a year specific part.

-Jim

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just today I was looking for hood springs. No 62's listed and I understand they are shorter. The other day I was looking at carpet kits. Same thing, they all started at 63. I need a wiper switch with high/low speed and again nothing listed for 62 just 63/65. I come across it all the time and I was just wandering if anyone has compiled a list of interchangeable parts? The price of parts today, I don't want to order something only to find it won't fit and have to pay the freight to send it back.

·
14,011 Posts
The other day I was looking at carpet kits. Same thing, they all started at 63.
The 1962 Chevy IIs didn't have full width floor carpets. Most models had vinyl coated rubber flooring throughout. On 400 series cars, the flooring was a combination of vinyl coated rubber and carpet. Carpet covered the tranny/driveshaft tunnel. The rest of the floor was color keyed vinyl coated rubber. They went to full width carpet in 1963 and the repro carpet made for these cars will fit 62s. The 1962 400 series carpet/rubber flooring isn't reproduced.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts